Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008


Christmas in Connecticut


We spent Christmas at our home in Connecticut, just the three of us. I was really trying not to be sad because I knew this, the 3 of us, was my family. I actually did ok on Christmas Day. It was harder being away from family Christmas Eve, knowing everyone was enjoying each other's company...cooking and catching up. We had our parents visit soon after Kate's arrival so it's not like we haven't had time with our families. It was still wierd though.

We enjoyed our relaxing Christmas Day by starting our own traditions. We did breakfast casserole that morning and a small dinner that night with ham, green beans, and rolls. Nothing fancy but still delicious. Chris spent the afternoon making baklava. I'm not the biggest fan of this dessert. His Dad makes it every year and Chris wants to continue that tradition. I'm totally fine with him making it as long as he doesn't mind that I'll have one bite and leave the rest to him. Hopefully Kate will like it someday, then she and her Daddy can enjoy this tradition together.

We made sure Kate was awake for all her presents. We opened ours around her feeding times...took longer than we expected, but then again things seem to take longer with a baby. She was a joy to cuddle and play with this Christmas. I know next Christmas when we go back to Arkansas we'll have to share our time with others, so this year we took full advantage of having her all to ourselves.

Cuddle Time


Our little angel...my Mom made Kate this dress even before we knew she was a girl. It looks adorable on her!





This was a sweet plate from Kate's Nana and Papa Joe

How cute is she??? I know, I'm biased...

No comments: