Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I love this picture of Kate...she looks rather bored of us. If you look closely her little fists are tight...she looks like she's ready to fight. Don't get on her bad side she can be pretty fiesty...like her Mama I'm sure. :)

I had the best of intentions of updating my blog yesterday before the 2008 ended but never found the time. We had a fairly large amount of snow yesterday, I don't know if I'll ever get used to the winters here.
  • 2008 was a very eventful year for our family! Here's my year-in-review...
    At the end of 2007 my Dad had been diagnosed with colon cancer so going into 2008 he was dealing with chemo treatments like a champ.

  • March 2008 we find out we're expecting our first baby!

  • April 2008 we fly up to Connecticut to look for a house to buy, we ended up finding the house in one day and having our offer accepted the next day. That week we were in New Haven I was having some pretty bad morning sickness so our trip and initial impression of the area was tainted.

  • May 2008 we made a trip to Fayetteville (this was the last time Chris has been back to F'ville...we'll be going back to visit in April 2009) and we got to be there for my Dad's last chemo treatment.

  • June 2008 we packed up our things in Birmingham and drove two days straight to make it to Connecticut in time to close on our house and move in, it was a crazy week...drove Monday and Tuesday, closed on our house on Wednesday and Chris started orientation on Friday. Our furniture didn't arrive until the following Monday leaving us with our air mattress for a few days...oh so comfortable for a pregnant woman. :)

  • July 2008 we decide to go to NYC on one of the hottest days of the year. We also worked on getting the crib and nursery painted this month...by we I mean Chris.

  • August 2008 my parents came up to visit for the first time and I got to take them to NYC for a day trip.

  • September 2008 I flew down to Fayetteville to spend time with family and then Chris joined me in Little Rock to celebrate his brother, Josh getting married to his beautiful bride, Teyerra. On a side note...Happy Birthday to Teyerra today! At the end of September Chris' parents came up to visit and we went to Boston for the weekend with them.

  • October 2008 we were in full nesting mode, or at least I was. We enjoyed a beautiful fall foliage in the northeast and enjoyed exploring what Connecticut has to offer.

  • November 2008 our world turned upside down in one of the best ways possible. Katherine Bailey made her arrival and has been such a joy each and every day. We are so amazed at how much love can blossom for one little person in an instant. We were blessed by her Grandot and Poppy's visit to meet Miss Kate.

  • December 2008 we began adjusting to life as parents. We had a great visit from Nana and Papa Joe, I think they also instantly fell in love with their first grandchild.

Looking back at the past year reminds me over and over how blessed we are! We have wonderful friends and family and we are blessed to have one very healthy, happy baby girl. I pray that 2009 holds in store exactly what the Lord desires for us this year. I pray that He does the same for your family as well.

2 comments:

Carrie Moore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Moore said...

Hey! I just love getting updates about you and your little family! During mine and Doug's trip home for Christmas, I decided to show him some home videos which included Camp Goolamockee. Do you remember that? We sang solos together (that doesn't make a duet does it?? :) Do you remember the camp counselor's name? Grandot Grace! haha!