Sunday, November 16, 2008

We made it home!

Chris did such an great job capturing the details. I should have him blog more often! We are so in love with this baby girl. She's really doing great and we just love knowing that she's OURS! I won't write much because, frankly, I'm tired...they weren't kidding about this sleep deprivation thing. The pediatrician came by yesterday and said she looks great, her weight has dropped just enough to make them want to watch her more closely. So we're going to be going back up to have her weighed today. He actually thinks it may just be that she had some extra fluid on board when they initially weighed her...she and her Mama both had quite a bit of fluid. So last night and early morning I was busy feeding her pretty much every hour to hour and a half. She's so easy though, we're really blessed with how fast she's taken to nursing.



I'm feeling good, starting to feel more like myself again. It's so good to get out of the hospital and be able to smell fresh air. Chris is such an amazing Daddy. Seriously, he jumps at every chance to change her diaper or swaddle her like his little "burrito" as he calls her. I just love hearing him call her "pumpkin" and how she looks adoringly at him. They are forming such a sweet bond...he's already teaching her all about football. :) Now we just need to get her to call the Hogs! Here are some pictures of us leaving the hospital and coming home. More pictures to come.
The new Ross Family

Kate's going home outfit






5 comments:

Katie Wigton said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!! We're so excited for you all.

Tara & Johhny said...

she looks like you sarah!!! johnny and i both thought it when we saw her. she is beautiful!!! glad ya'll are home and doing ok.

wildflowers and sweet tea said...

Glad to here you're home. I know it feels good to sleep in your own bed! You have a very beautiful little girl. Call if you need anything and don't forget to take care of yourself. Moms are the worst at that. :)

Jennimac said...

Saw your blog address on facebook and I'm so happy I got to see pics of Kate. She is gorgeous. I'm so excited for you. My Mom and Dad say, "Congrats!".

Wonderful! Wonderful!

Nate and Alicia Brown said...

So sweet!