Monday, November 10, 2008

Our waiting is coming to an end...

Well her day has come! I was having a pretty typical morning, a few Braxton Hicks but nothing out of the ordinary...or so it seemed. I was in Walmart doing my weekly grocery shopping and got to the checkout counter and my water broke! The sweet checkout lady quickly finished ringing me up and got a manager to hold my stuff. They gave me directions to the restroom and I made a beeline. As I walked out of the restroom, my next door neighbor was walking by! I NEVER run into anyone I know...I don't know all that many people here. She was really sweet and said to go straight home and call my doctor and she'd be over to check on me.

Chris came home and picked me up to take me up to the doctor's office. Sure enough my water broke and I'm effaced but no dilation yet. So our doctor is going to give me until tomorrow morning to progress normally, but tomorrow morning they'll induce me. We're so excited and nervous too...but it's so neat to know this baby girl is on her way. I'm still having Braxton Hicks but nothing too painful. We've gone for a walk and that got painful but has subsided. Tonight we're going to try to sleep as much as we can and then head up to the hospital at 6:30am.

Keep us in your prayers!

4 comments:

The Laney Family said...

AW Sarah!!! I will be praying for ya'll! put pictures up of her as soon as you can!

Nate and Alicia Brown said...

I am so jealous. I always wanted my water to break-something about the surprise and excitement of the moment. Congratulations and we'll be praying for you!

Cara said...

I'm so excited for you and Chris! You MUST post pictures of Kate. We'll be praying for you!

The Faulkner Family said...

I'm so excited for you all! I can't wait to see pics of Miss Kate!