Wednesday, October 22, 2008

On the home stretch...

We now have less than 4 weeks and I'm really starting to feel the excitement of our new addition. Every time I hear on the news the count down to the election it reminds me we're one day closer to meeting Kate! I have to say a JOYFUL congratulations to 3 new Moms who are sweet friends of mine, Laura Tsang (friend from med school in Little Rock) had a baby boy David on October 6th, Megan Stuermann (friend from intern year in Birmingham) had a baby boy Will on October 16th, and Tara Ross (friend and family who lives in Mobile, AL) had a baby boy Jack on October 21...yesterday! All these boys in October...I have a group of girlfriends who are due with me in November and everyone of them is expecting a girl. So it all evens out in the end.
It's getting cooler here, we've had ice on our windshields in the morning. People joke with us, asking us if we actually wear coats in Arkansas! Yes it does get chilly in the south too.
36 weeksOur street with the pretty leaves that have fallen...our tree is starting to turn a pretty shade of yellow.


5 comments:

Katie No-Pockets said...

There is no where for Baby Kate to go but straight out, it seems. You are too cute! We'll be praying for a comfortable last few weeks and a safe delivery!

Anonymous said...

Pretty leaves! We had to turn on the heat this week : (

You're looking good! I can't believe Miss Kate is going to be here so soon. I wonder if you will make it to vote!

Anonymous said...

Ok, randomly Airplane=Carrie. No idea how!

Chris, Sarah, Kate, and Benjamin said...

I was really wondering who airplane was...

wildflowers and sweet tea said...

you're looking very pregnant and still cute! You're almost there!
I'm jealous of the beautiful fall you're getting. I miss fall and winter in VA.