Kate turned five last week and I'm just now sitting down wrapping my brain around the fact that I will have a kindergartener next year. She is growing up fast...too fast if you ask me. Today at lunch she even lost her first tooth! I think she had a mixture emotion about that just like I did. Sad and proud all at the same time.
We had a wonderful party celebrating this sweet girl being half a decade old. She wanted a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" party so that's what we delivered. The cake was from Mickey's and was delicious from what I heard. We had 27 kids and about 12 adults...I was thankful for having the party at the JumpZone because it kept it simple. The kids get worn out and I didn't have to clean up afterwards. :) Win/Win if you ask me. The party was a success because Kate had a blast with all her friends and their siblings. God has blessed us just as He did in Connecticut with a group of friends that are in the same stage and age of life as us. You'll see pictures of the party and the last picture was just taken this afternoon after lunch when Kate lost her first tooth. She was eating a pickle and all of a sudden said "Mom! My tooth!". It's been wiggling for a couple weeks and the one next to it won't be far behind it. For some reason her losing a tooth really makes me feel like my baby is growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment