Friday, December 20, 2013

It's Christmas!!!

When I was growing up (and still am for that matter) I remember hearing "It's Christmas!!!"  said excitedly as December 25th edged closer and closer.  Now I get to carry on that excitement and beauty with my own family.  This month started out snow/homebound.  We had a lot of ice and a little bit of snow that reminded us how thankful we are for electricity, a warm house with an even warmer fireplace.  As the snow melted away I am now thankful for the moderate temperatures that come to Arkansas even in December.  Arkansas weather can be crazy but I love it!  I'm loving that today it is almost 70 degrees and we were able to get out of the house without coats.  I miss the snowy days of Connecticut but I don't miss the constant cold of winter. 

We've been busy with Christmas parties, game playing, family baking and preparing for a ski trip we'll be taking in a couple months. All in all it has flown by but I feel like I've been able to go at a speed that allows me to stop and enjoy.  So here's a December recap...



No comments: