Thanksgiving 2012
We had a great week for Thanksgiving and Chris' first week off. We decided that after Kate's birthday party weekend we'd head up to Branson and do the lights at Silver Dollar City. Well it didn't turn out as we wanted because it happened to be the two days Silver Dollar City was closed. Boo...but that's ok. We had great time outlet shopping and just taking it easy. It was just nice to get out of town for a bit and do our own thing.
We then went down to Fayetteville to be with family for Thanksgiving. The kids LOVE their grandparents, in fact that is probably an understatement. They had a great time being in Fayetteville. We even got to go see a movie with my parents because their sweet neighbors offered to stay with them. I always have a hard time talking myself into going to the movies...of course it's the one thing Chris LOVES to do. He loves the experience of the theater. It's always fun when we actually get their but I think I have a hard time rationalizing spending the money.
On the way home from Fayetteville we stopped in Mulberry, AR to meet up with some Connecticut friends who have family there. Kate was so excited to see her good friend Shiloh and I was thrilled to see Micah and catch up with them. Micah had Sophia about 6 weeks before I had Benjamin. For some reason Benjamin was not wanting to come near Sophia, even though she was being exceptionally sweet to him. For some reason he seems weary of girls his own age. Poor Sophia, we laughed and thought what if she thinks, "What happened to us?!? You left Connecticut and moved to Arkansas and now you act like you don't know me? I mean really...we used to nurse beside each other during church. We were buds!" Give him another chance Sophia...he'll come around. :) Having a little bit of our Connecticut world in Arkansas was strange because it sort of made us homesick....for those friendships and experiences we shared with a small group of believers. Something about that just connects you.














No comments:
Post a Comment