Monday, March 7, 2011

One Month Old...already going by too fast

It really has gone by fast!  I can't believe he's already 1 month! 

Here's what you're up to Benjamin:
  • You eat SO well.  You have quite a little belly but really not that many rolls.  You're just thick!
  • You sleep well...once we can get you down.  You sleep great at night...daytime is hit or miss.  During the day you take long naps but it's hard to know when those are going to happen. At night you pretty much go down around 8pm and then I wake you before I go to bed around 10pm for your "dream feed".  Then you typically wake up to eat around 1:30am and 5-6am.  Most of the time you go back down after the 5-6am feeding but this morning you were wide awake and ready to go.  Thankfully you took a great afternoon nap while your sister did and Momma got to benefit from that as well.  
  • You don't cry a lot and when you do it's pretty clear what you need...either to be fed or diaper change.
  • You like to be held with your head on our shoulder.  I get lots of kisses when I hold you like that.  :)
  • You like to listen to people talk...in fact I think it really soothes you to sleep with chatter going on in the background.  So this afternoon I experimented to see if listening to a podcast would help you sleep better than lullabies or rain sounds...sure enough you slept really well!  So thank you to BooMama and BigMama for your podcasts...they put my child to sleep!  HA!



Kate holding Benjamin for the first time

No comments: