So Kate turns 4 months old this week and I know I need to write down my memories about her now or else I'll quickly forget. I was so proud of her last night at Bible Study, she sat on my lap at the end right before we were about to leave and just took everybody in with her big, currently blue eyes. As someone said last night...her Poppy would be proud of how great her eyesight is because she definitely tracks things so well and is VERY attentive. She's so alert that feeding can be hard at times because she gets distracted rather easily. She's such a good sleeper and I'm wondering if we're getting spoiled because our second may not sleep as well. I love seeing how she is a blend of Chris and me. She's laid back like him but has very picky taste like me. I love the way she cuddles with anyone and nuzzles against my neck when she's waking up or getting ready to go down to sleep. I love her face when we sing in the morning. Her eyes look like they're saying, "Isn't this just the best thing ever!!!???". Her smile is the biggest when her Daddy comes home from work and she looks at him as if to say, "Where have you been all day?". She is a girl like the likes to be on the go...heaven forbid our car has to stop for red lights or stop signs. But as soon as we start to move again she's peaceful once more.
Kate brings us such joy and at times I can't wait to see how she'll grow up...but most of the time I just want it to slow down so we can enjoy each moment. Thanks Kate for making us a Mommy and a Daddy. We are overwhelmed at times with the responsibility but know that God's the center of our family.
Pictures to come...
Pictures to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment