So a couple weekends ago we had a rather unsettling week where weather is concerned. At the early part of the week we had an earthquake...that apparently Chris or I never felt...yet people less than 10 feet away from Chris did feel it. I was taking a nap when it happened and woke up about the time it would have happened so I actually might have felt it and didn't notice.
Then that weekend we had Hurricane Irene. This was our first hurricane to experience and quite honestly I wasn't taking it as serious because if we had been here for 3 years and hadn't had one yet I didn't think it would happen now. Thank God He didn't try to make a fool out of me because He definitely spared our home and for that matter our street. Both streets that parallel ours had major trees down and power lines out, sidewalk was uprooted, and electricity, cable and phone were out for so many people. Ironically, we just had our power flicker a couple times and not even the plastic pool in our backyard moved an inch. It was really bizarre. We felt very blessed to have been affected so little.
Here are pictures of the damage done in our neighborhood. Click on the pictures to see larger.
No comments:
Post a Comment