Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kate's going to have....

a baby BROTHER come February!!! We couldn't be more excited! I was astounded at how overjoyed I was to find out that I will have a little Chris running around my house. :) Yesterday we went to a clinic where a friend of mine is a practicing OB and she graciously gave us a sneak peek at our bun in the oven and we were able to see MANY times that he was indeed a HE! Kate was a little concerned about Momma being on the table so she sat just below my tummy. She got the be on the front row to see her little brother for the first time. On Thursday I had my regular OB visit and Kate came along. She held it together pretty well but got concerned when I was on the table and the doctor started to listen for the heartbeat. Tears welled in her eyes and she grabbed my hand. I know she was just unsure about what was going on but there was something in me that was in awe that she had tears in her eyes to hear the heartbeat of a little man that will become her in-house playmate. We're still trying to figure out this little fella's name but as soon as we decide for sure we'll be sure to announce!

Here are some pics from the day our families found out. We did "reveal cupcakes" where the cupcakes had either pink or blue icing in the middle. So our family members in Arkansas each took a bite of their cupcakes to discover they would be having a nephew, grandson, or great-grandson.







2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congrats Sarah!!! That's wonderful!

wildflowers and sweet tea said...

what a cute way to tell them! Boys are so much fun. I definitely love mine. ;) Congratulations!