Thursday, September 30, 2010

Kate's First Day of Mother's Day Out/Preschool

Kate has started a preschool program in a nearby town. She goes two days a week from 9:00am-11:30am. She's only had a chance to attend 2 days because we were in Arkansas last week. So far she LOVES it and is exhausted when I come to pick her up. She doesn't want to leave when it's time but she's so tired she doesn't put up too much of a fight. It's going to be a chance for her to socialize and be under the authority of teachers and not her parents. I think it will be good for her, although I was hesitant to do it at first. It will also give me a chance to get a few things done on my own before her little brother appears on the scene in February. :) She's in the 2 year old class because they base placement on how old the child is come January 2011, so she's one of the younger ones in her class but I think it will be good for her in the long run. She keeps up with them really well and I can tell is learning to obey instruction (which was what I wasn't sure about) from others besides us. Here are a couple of pictures we took from the first day.





No comments: