Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!!!

We are ashamed to say that we had yet to get Kate out in the snow. I felt like a bad mom when I saw blog after blog of my friends in the south getting their babies and children outside to experience a rare winter wonderland in the south. But you see, it's not such a surprise when we see snow fall. In fact if we act surprised or rush to the store to get milk and butter here we're immediately identified as "not from here". But seeing snow in our forecast still makes me giddy and watching the snow fall makes me savor that cup of cocoa. I have grown accustomed to snow though...even the snow plows as they clean the streets...in fact hearing a snow plow used to make me jump because it just about shook our house. Now I find comfort in the sound and even smile when I hear a truck blow down the street.

All that to say we finally got Kate a snow bib and coat and decided to put it to good use. Since we didn't have any solid snow boots for her we just used her pink boots and put her boots in ziplock bags then taped them around her ankles. :) She wasn't sure what to think about the cold stuff...in fact I think she more frustrated with her lack of mobility. But when we started throwing snowballs she had a few giggles. Enjoy the pics...




















No comments: