Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Kate turns 6 months old!
I'm amazed how fast these 6 months have gone by! In those early days each day seemed to go by slowly though and I'm sure it was because we were working around the clock. But when I look back it's really neat to see how much Kate's grown since those first few days. I put together a slideshow of pictures from the first days in the hospital to pictures from this past weekend. It's fun to watch her grow and begin to show her little personality.
Yesterday we celebrated Kate's 6 month birthday by eating half an apple pie. Kate received a few new toys and I got her a special monogrammed plate that only she can use for special occasions.
Now for my personal memory...
Dearest Kate,
You are one sweet little lady. We have been so blessed since you made your debut in our lives and we can't imagine our life without you. Right now you are into putting everything in your mouth....especially your toes. You're starting to sit up very well and when I put you on your tummy today you started to use your legs like you were about to crawl. You are growing up so fast and I just want to cherish each moment. You love people, you could care less about toys but you pay special attention to people, looking them in the eye and studying them closely. You love the stained glass in our church. You are such a happy baby, it's not hard to make you smile. Your laugh is contagious and we're often not sure what makes you laugh but whatever we think it is we continue to do it over and over again to hear you chuckle. You are a Daddy's girl, he would do anything for you. It makes his day when you get so excited to see him at the end of the day. You know his voice and even before you see his face you start to look for him. You melt my heart...I love you Katerbug.
Love always, Momma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment