Thursday, January 8, 2009

Andrew's visit and 2 month doctor visit















We had Kate's 2 month doctor visit yesterday and it went great. She took her shots like a champ but it definitely broke her Mama's heart to hear her cry in pain.

It felt so good to see her respond to my voice and smile when she saw my face. I get jealous of Chris sometimes because when he comes home she smiles and coos at him...she does this sometimes with me. I think when she's in our home she knows that her Mama must be there and knows that Daddy's not always there to play all day. But being in a different place and see her light up to hear my voice made me feel so special.

We are also proud of our little chipmunk...she's in the 40th percentile for weight (10 lbs 1 oz) and above average (not sure the exact percentile) for height. We've had a battle with her weight and getting her to gain consistently. We've had issues with feeding and have finally figured out what works for her. The doctor said she's right where she should be and showing great growth, that was music to this Mama's ears!

We have had a blast having my brother, Andrew, visit for the week. He has been such a big help! He played with Kate and has helped me with around the house chores. He even offered to do a middle of the night feeding for us! I wouldn't put him through that though. We're going to miss having him here.

2 comments:

Thom said...

It's interesting that the 2 month visit is such a big deal to a mom. They get to be very routine and run-of-the-mill. Thanks for the reminder

Cara said...

I am so glad that Andrew got to visit. I know you loved having him there. I'm very proud of Kate for her 2 month appointment. It sounds like she is doing great! She is so adorable!!