We made it to New Haven, CT on Tuesday, closed on our house on Wednesday and now we're waiting for our stuff to arrive. We've had some adventures I guess you could say. Our 16 hour drive went very smoothly...until we hit New York City. I'm sure there is a way we could have gone around it but we were already in the thick of it when we thought about going another route. We drove through NYC at around 4:30pm, rush hour! We made it though without any problems and it definitely made us appreciate that we didn't drive our own truck and hired professionals to do that.
Wednesday we closed on our house and we love it! We have a beautiful tree in our front yard. Since we house hunted in April things were still looking like winter here so we didn't know what the landscaping would look like. The neighborhood is lined with trees and sidewalks perfect for walking. I think we'll love it even more when we have our stuff in it, but we came prepared with air mattress and basics so we can camp in our house. At the latest they should get here on Monday. The air mattress isn't has bad as I expected with being pregnant.
Thursday we woke up early and headed up to the DMV to get our licenses changed over and register our vehicles. Not a fun thing to do in normal circumstances and even more so in the Hamden office. After about 4 hours of waiting I finally got my license without a problem. Chris, on the other hand, still had a license in Arkansas (I had to change over to Alabama because mine expired in May) and the AR system was down so he couldn't go any further in the process. Which of course meant we couldn't register our cars either. We then were starving so went to get lunch at which point I realize I don't have my credit card! We remembered I had last used it at Pottery Barn the night before in a town about 30 min. away. We called and sure enough they had my card...Thank you Lord! We drove the hour round trip to pick up the card and by the time we got back we called the AR DMV to see if their system was up and running again...it was! So we were able to go back to the DMV and fairly quickly get Chris' license. Now we just need to do the registration part which we can do tomorrow.
Today, we're hoping to hear when our furniture will arrive. Chris started orientation today. I've got to do some grocery shopping and work on changing our address. As soon as we're set up I'll post some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment