We had some of the sweetest friends in New Haven...I mean seriously, these people who we barely knew picked up my Mom at the airport around 10pm while I was in the heat of labor and about to go to c-section. I will be forever grateful for these friends that God provided to walk through those early days of parenthood. It bonds you and to make things even better they were from Texas. So we would get together for A&M/Arkansas games and eat salsa...that Brooke made so well. :) When you live away from family, friends become that family. We did many a Thanksgiving dinner and Easter lunch...even a ski trip with these sweet people.
We moved back down to the south a year before them. It just so happened that while we were in Texas for Chris' family reunion they drove in all the way from Connecticut to move back to Texas. So the night they drove in they were also gracious to have us stay with them! It was just what we needed and I think what they needed. We loved reconnecting and hugging their necks. Transition is hard but when you have people to just talk you through it, it can help. Glad they're just this much closer but wish it was even closer. Welcome back home Crockett Family!
Benjamin and Cal were not on board with the picture taking...







No comments:
Post a Comment