Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Our family is back together again...

So Chris left Thursday for Louisville, KY to take boards.  We had a packed schedule of going to Fayetteville, church and dance lessons to fill our schedule so I thought the time would fly by fast.  It did which was good but watching my children miss their Daddy was pretty heart breaking.

Kate would randomly start to cry and say she missed him.  Benjamin never cried for him but you could tell he snuggled a bit closer to me.  Benjamin actually surprised me, it was like he knew he was the man of our little house while Daddy was away.  When we went to Fayetteville he jumped to help me drag in our suitcase.

Chris came back in late last night and I for one couldn't be happier...the kids were of course asleep but he went in and kissed them both goodnight before heading to sleep.  Benjamin had been having fitful nights of sleep randomly while Chris was gone and sure enough around 2am this morning he woke up crying.  Chris was so sweet to go in and lay down with him and they both went right back to sleep.  Then this morning I saw on the Benjamin's video monitor him stir and sit up...he looked around quickly            trying to find where his Daddy was...I could tell he was confused and probably wondering if it had been real.  So I went in and got him and took him to Chris who was getting ready for the day.  Benjamin bear hugged Chris and then got shy...like he was shy that he had missed him so much.  Then he said the sweetest thing...."You're home" in a quiet voice that made my heart melt.

I love how close our little family is.  I love that all yesterday afternoon we were praying for our sweet Daddy to have a peace about his boards and do his best.  When I got the call after his test I could tell he had a peace and his voice sounded relieved.  As he said though...it was humbling and hard.  In a few days we'll know for sure but I have a feeling he did just fine.

Thank you to all that prayed along side us.  He said he definitely had a peace and knew it was all the prayers surrounding him yesterday.  We're so glad to just have him home!

No comments: