Saturday, March 3, 2012

If these walls could talk....

Well, it's official....we are moving and the ball is rolling.  We put the house on the market yesterday and a sign went up in our yard.  

I have a mix of emotions lately about this move.  I am SO excited to be back close to family and in Arkansas where I think my heart has always remained deep down.  

But then I keep remembering those early days of being in Connecticut and being 6 months old.  

I remember dear friends that picked up my Mom at the airport with a sign saying "Kate's Grandma" while I was in the heat of having Kate.  

I remember all the walks in the park before our babies could walk and the friendships that grew as our children learned to walk and then talk.  

I have watched fairly new friendships turn into ones feel like they are old friends and I know they will be the people that make me cry to see them standing there when Kate walks down the aisle.  

Because I will remember these days in this little house with a bittersweet feeling.  God grew us so much here...in number and faith.  I was stretched to learn and understand a different culture (albeit in America) and to honestly learn to love a place that didn't feel like "home" but definitely became my home in so many ways.  

It does seem to be the case that as soon as you leave a place it endears you more to it.  I catch myself enjoying each moment of our time here...it doesn't hurt that God has blessed us with a moderate winter this year.  

In the end we will be sad to say goodbye to where we brought our babies home and watched them take their first steps.  We will miss our sweet friends so much.  We have been fortunate enough to have such amazing friends that are like family.  But we know God always has something in store for us and His will is ours.  We anticipate with excitement, what He has for us next and know that change is uncomfortable but necessary.  So even though we will be going home...a part of our heart will always have a soft spot for our memories in this small, Cape Cod home.  


No comments: