Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I am one blessed woman.  To be blessed with the heritage of grandmothers who raised Godly children. 

 With a mother who taught me to be a mother...she worked herself out of a job.  She raised us to grow up and be independent.  She taught me so much beyond making my bed and keeping my room clean (which I wasn't that great at).  
 She also taught me to respect my husband, honor the Lord in everything, and do everything with a servant's heart.
 These are the things my heart desires to instill in my own children.  Giving them the guidance I was given and always remembering what a gift they are...because they are a gift.  Not for me to keep, but to nurture and grow and let them fly.  One day I too will work myself out of this job.  
 ...and I will come to this season of new growth and remember how it felt to be a young Mom. 
 ...when the days were long and years went by too fast.
 Each season is for a time and although it's hard at times I must remember to cherish.  It won't be like this forever.  
I am surrounded by mothers who make up the village that help me be the mom I am.  I thank the Lord for them each day. 




1 comment:

kaw said...

really cute pictures! happy mother's day!