Friday, May 20, 2011

Birthday fun

Last Wednesday was my birthday...29!  So this is my last year of my 20's and I intend on staying in this decade from this point forward.  On Friday I watched Chris leave for the day (noticing he was a little slower about getting out the door than usual) and I proceeded to get the kiddos ready to take Kate to school.  Benjamin and I ran our errands and then went back to pick Kate up. As I was driving in the drive way I heard Kate scream, "DADDY!!!"...at this point I realized he was walking out of the house...what was he doing at home?  Did something happen?  All was well, he had taken the day off to celebrate my birthday by making me a cake and let me have an afternoon off to do what I wanted.  Well...what I wanted was to just hang out with him so I ended up hanging out with him while the kids napped. It was just wonderful to be surprised.  He had done so much while I was gone that morning...worked on laundry for me, baked a cake, made homemade icing, unloaded the dishwasher and grabbed Panera for lunch.  It's the little things with me and my love language is service lately.  I take his help any way I can get it and I appreciate it SO much.  



 And for good measure here are pics of the Miss and Mister...

1 comment:

Tara & Johhny said...

so sweet! chris is a great guy!! also, benjamin looks like your brother to me