Kate and I flew down to Birmingham last week while Chris had a medical meeting in Chicago. We stayed with Chris' cousin Johnny and his wife Tara. Tara and I met at our wedding several years ago and have been friends since. We love seeing them at family reunions each year and wish we lived closer. Tara and Johnny had their little boy, Jack, about 3 weeks before we had Kate. It's been so fun going through pregnancy and our first kiddos with Johnny and Tara. They were so sweet to let Kate and I hang out with them all week. We had such a great time and I got my Southern fix...drank sweet tea, ate chicken salad, got Sonic multiple times, and Chick-fil-a too. It was so fun to catch up with old friends and meet their babies. When we left Birmingham for Connecticut everyone was preggo so it was fun to see these babies in person.
Jack and Kate had a great time. He would try giving her hugs not realizing his own strength. He is so fun and I'm pretty sure he taught Kate some tricks. We took them to Boo at the Zoo for Halloween...they got their first taste of candy apple, rode the carousel, and enjoyed a train ride. Many great memories were made this whole week...thanks Johnny, Tara and Jack for your sweet hospitality. We're missing you already.
1 comment:
i can't believe that jack was the one being still on the couch!!
Post a Comment