On Saturday we drove a couple hours to our neighboring state, Rhode Island, to tour a couple of the mansions in Newport. The mansions were gorgeous, opulent and massive. The tours include an audio tour which was great because we could go at our own pace and take as much time as we needed. There are several mansions and we got the tour pass for 5 mansions but only made it through 2. Fortunately the tickets don't expire and we can come back and tour 3 more at our leisure. The first house we toured was The Breakers, built by the Vanderbilt family. The second was Marble House which was also built by a member of the Vanderbilt family. We would definitely recommdend Newport, RI as a must see in New England. It was beautiful and quaint and full of history. We both agreed it's what we imagined New England to look like.
2 comments:
I love that place....I can't decide what's my favorite house, but I love The Breakers, The Elms, The Rosecliff, and Chateau-sur-Mer. Those are my tops though :)
Glad you all enjoyed it up there. It's definitely something everyone should visit in new England.
I love touring historical places. It's one of the things I loved about Virginia. I love to think about all the people before me that have gone through these places.
Post a Comment