Monday, September 22, 2008

Busy weekend

This weekend was VERY busy. Chris came home from work on Friday with tickets to the Giants NFL game in New York City (really New Jersey as we found out). I knew Saturday was going to be busy with an all day birthing class and BBQ that evening through our church. But we couldn't pass up the opportunity to experience our first NFL game. The Giants beat the Bengals in overtime...turned out to be a pretty exciting game. I think we decided we like watching NFL games on TV more than in person...but it was still a very fun experience. I think it was more the driving through NYC traffic that put us over the edge. It was funny, though, seeing all these Giants fans (mainly men) part ways for a 32 week pregnant woman. Our seats were on the 3rd row from the top so I definitely got my exercise for the day. Chris kept me well hydrated and our seats were actually somewhat in the shade which was nice.

Back to Saturday's birthing class...we had a great time and met a really sweet couple who are due 5 days before us. Maximillian (yep that's his name and he's from Germany) and Alexandra (from Connecticut) made the birthing class even more fun for us. They're expecting a little girl as well. It was fun trading stories. They just moved to New Haven from Cornell about 3 weeks ago so we definitely could relate on moving and being pregnant. The class was great and VERY informative. I was a little skeptical of going at first but so glad we did. Gave me a little boost of confidence but with a healthy dose of excitement/nervousness for Kate's arrival.

Here are some pictures from the game...

Our seats were so high we could see the Empire State Building


No comments: