Snow was constantly the talk for the last 2 weeks in Arkansas. So on Monday before our trip to Utah we got snow and weren’t too bothered because Chris already had the day off. Then Tuesday arrived and schools were closed again because of the amount of snow we had received. We started closely watching the weather for our flight out on Wednesday because they were talking about MORE bad weather to come in the afternoon and our flight was scheduled for 2:40. All that to say…one of our friends we were going with suggested seeing if we could bump up our flight so Chris called and after two attempts calling United, they changed our flight to the morning with no fees for us! What a blessing!
Wednesday came and we said goodbye to the kids and my sweet parents who were staying with them while we were gone. I have to say, it is such a treat and a blessing to have them close by. Poppy brought in donuts and the kids were thrilled because school had already been cancelled…snow looked like it was coming around 9am. Our flight was around 9am. My stomach was in knots for multiple reasons…leaving the kids, driving across town to potentially have a flight cancel and drive all the way back in the snow…I wish I was braver about driving in the snow like I was in Connecticut but the Southern Scared Snow driver has crept back in.
Here’s a little confession. I LOVE getting to the airport in plenty of time to people watch, get my cup of coffee and leisurely walk to the gate. But for some reason, even though my parents were more than willing to come to our house earlier, I said come at 7:30 which for me was cutting it close to get to the airport, get our luggage checked in, go through security, and get my coffee…and ultimately get in vacation mode.
So as we drove to the airport I kept praying God’s will would take care of us, even if that was to turn around and come home. Long story made longer…we made it just fine and I got my coffee and breathed again. My other anxiety revolved around flying with my husband without our children. This was such a good reminder that God is truly in control. In fact I started thinking of all these circumstances and how anxious I was and realized pretty quickly, God you allowed all this…do I really trust you? My peace came from Him as I remembered all the scriptures that began to pour out of my soul so I could remember who my God is and that He is who my trust is in. God is good whether our plane had gone down, He has something better for me…and even my children He would take care of them too. There were two verses He brought to my mind…Joshua 1:9 and Psalm 23. Great is Thy Faithfulness is also what streamed through my mind’s ears as we hit turbulence and then would come out of the clouds and see clear beauty and mountains of clouds. I felt His glory as I prayed.
No comments:
Post a Comment