Saturday, December 27, 2014

December 2014


December 2014 is almost slipping by us and I need to take a moment to pop some pictures on the blog so memories will be marked and I can move into 2015 knowing I finished the year's story.  

December started out a little bit different, I got a chance (thanks to my incredibly sweet husband) to fly by myself to San Diego and visit my brother, Andrew, and his family.  My nephew Joshua, who I had yet to meet, was about 2 months old and my niece had just turned two.  I had a great time doing life with them for a couple days and then enjoyed a little bit of R & R in San Diego before flying back home.  

When I came back to Little Rock I had the joy of welcoming my parents to our great city...to not just visit but stay and call their home too! It has been a bittersweet transition as they have left their home in in Fayetteville of 21 years but God's hand has been evident through it all.  We are thrilled to have them here! 

The following week was filled with Christmas preparations and class Christmas parties.  Then before I knew it, Christmas was upon us and we have enjoyed the last week with Chris being home and celebrating both in Little Rock and in Fayetteville with Chris' family.  Literally we just pulled in our driveway this afternoon so I'm going to keep the dialogue short and proceed to the ABUNDANCE of pictures that captured our December.  *I apologize in advance that they are a little bit out of order.  

Christmas lights on the square in Fayetteville...can't believe my smiley Kate wasn't so smiley.  :)

Christmas dinner with the Rosses


 Carriage ride around the square...kids loved it!

 My sweet new nephew, Joshua Gregory Brown.  Such a little stud!

Hamming it up with Julia





Loved getting to be the aunt (and not a Momma too) and have Julia watch and help me get dressed for the day.  
 Brunch with Santa

Happy Birthday to our nephew Elliott!  Can't believe he's 5 years old!

Gingerbread making...



Decorating cookies with DotDot and Poppy

Christmas dinner with our D Group

Kate's homemade wrapping paper

Kate's class putting on a little reenactment of the Christmas story...Kate was so excited to be Mary and get to hold Baby Jesus.

We love Mrs. Walsh!!!

Ridge and Kate being silly...would love to be a fly on the wall in their class.

Painting Christmas pottery


Baklava making...a yearly tradition carried on by Chris from his Dad




Yes, he was as guilty as he looked...

But then I see this and how can I stay mad?




Opening gifts Christmas morning...one of the only pics I got since we were busy 

Papa Joe and Benjamin (who is mildly obsessed with Marshall from Paw Patrol) wearing Uncle Anthony's fireman hat



We got to see some of Chris' friends from high school and there were a lot of boys!  Kate wasn't thrilled about being the only girl in the pic so she sat this one out.

Benjamin LOVES Bailey...not sure Bailey loves Benjamin but he doesn't care. He talked to her and followed her anywhere and everywhere.  Even laying down beside her, just like her.  :)

Kate learned to play the card game War.

 And last but not least, Kate came home and got to enjoy her desk she got for Christmas.  She is an avid creator...mostly drawing and since she was using her vanity in her bathroom as her desk we thought it was time for her own real desk.  Benjamin calls it her office.  :)

No comments: