So I'm taking a quick moment to document what we've been up to since Kate's birthday party earlier this month. We went to DISNEY!!! It was exhausting and fun...definitely more work for the parents but a lot of fun for the kids...and parents too. :)
We left on a Sunday and had two days at the Magic Kingdom which was perfect because we were flat out exhausted by the time we were hopping on the monorail with a sleeping boy in our stroller.
The kids had a blast. Two quick stories that will always stick out in my mind from this trip...
1) We lost Benjamin...for 2 minutes...but those 2 minutes felt like 20 years!! Every second he was out of our sight made me panic more. We were all four looking at a wall of ornaments in one of the stores on Main Street when I glance over by Chris and realize Benjamin is not there! We both split, dragging Kate along, looking everywhere. Thankfully it didn't take long but we found him with a cashier and a couple other Moms and he was looking up at them with pitiful eyes saying "I'm Benaman, I'm three." Holding up his fingers with tears in his eyes. Bless his heart!!! When he saw us of course he came running but the first thing he said to me was "Momma, you left me!" No, sweet boy you left us!!! I was just so glad to have him back in my arms. Thankful for the security at Disney because since then I have heard about the extraordinary measures they go to, to make sure it's safe. Also thankful we didn't have to use those measures to the fullest.
2) The second story was that Sunday night I managed to somehow cancel our FastPass for seeing Cinderella and Rapunzel, which were THE ONLY things Kate had requested to do. So I was a bit distraught over what I had just done and Chris was so sweet...he said we'd go first thing when we got to the park and if we have to wait a long time that's ok as long as we see them. The next morning we made into the park and made a beeline for the lines to see Cinderella and Rapunzel...little did we know until we walked in the room we had been in line for (only about 45 minutues to an hour) to see Elsa and Anna! The kids were excited but Kate did ask "I thought we were seeing Cinderella and Rapunzel??" We had gotten in the wrong line and had no idea. Thankfully the next day we did the same thing and made a beeline for the princess lines and got in the correct one this time! We were first to see Cinderella and Rapunzel and I had a happy Katerbug. :)
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves but overall we had a great time and can't wait to go back again...in another couple years. :)
At Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in Downtown Disney
We had great weather both days!!



























No comments:
Post a Comment