Wednesday, April 30, 2014

March Happenings

In the past week we as a state have had devastation.  Tornadoes swept through our area on Sunday night and then continued on into the south and are still wreaking havoc with major heavy rains in Florida and Alabama.  My heart has been heavy for the last few days and I've been drawn to pray more than ever that God would draw near to those that are hurting in ways I don't even want to imagine.  What has also come to mind is how quickly everything can be taken away.  Because there has been so much destruction, I can't help but look at the trees that are all around me still standing and find them greener than ever.  I don't always know why God allows us to go through trials but one thing is certain...He hasn't forsaken us!  I have been amazed at how the church and Central Arkansas as a whole has come behind those that lost so much and are working to restore what has been lost.  He is at work, even in the sorrow.

So with that said...I felt compelled to update my blog with some of our coming and goings.  Memories are what stay and if anything this blog has been good for anything it is capturing our life.  Now onto more pictures and less words...

First time for us to go to Wye Mountain and see the daffodils...they were beautiful!






 Enjoyed some birthday brunch with the Heads for Lawson's 5th birthday


I got this picture of Julia wearing the same dress Kate wore back in the day...Kate was about 11 months old and Julia is almost 16 months old here.

Enjoyed eating outside every chance we get as the winter fades away...

Kate had her K4 class picture.  Unfortunately Mrs. Davis was gone the day they had picture day but glad Mrs. Long got to stand in her place. 

Fun times in Fayetteville with the Grands...



We did some camping in the backyard...




No comments: