Saturday, September 22, 2012

September Saturdays

We have been enjoying September in the way we would be enjoying May in New England.  Temperatures are more manageable and we can actually get outside.  I even went to dinner with two sweet friends last night and we could sit outside!  I will take the heat of the summer though over a rough winter any day.  

We're all adjusting.  Adjusting to living where we (the parents) have a history.  Kate misses her friends and has days where she does her best to cope with missing her friends dearly.  She had/has some amazing friends and frankly we all did.  I knew I would miss them but had no idea how much of a place they had etched in my heart.  As time is going by though we are finding our place.  At times it's lonely but it's a good lonely.  It reminds me to depend on God and not who I can pick up the phone to chat my heart out.  In time I will feel I have found my niche...for now I'm reminding myself that my niche is with God and that's where I need to always be found.

1 comment:

Colleen Shaffer said...

Awww, I can totally to relate to ALL of that! ...except being from the South. :)