
Sweet Benjamin you are 18 months! I can hardly believe it and at the same time you seem much older. Sometimes I treat you as older because of Kate but there are moments when I am reminded of the baby you still are. Those chubby cheeks make me melt and your kisses are the sweetest. You have the best smile and genuine excitement for life. As for growing up...which sadly must happen...you are talking a bit more. You mimick sounds easily and have been saying Mama, Dada, DotDot, and now Kate. You don't call Kate by name often but I've caught it a few times. You can say more and you try to say milk when you're trying to open the refrigerator door. At night when I put you to bed you say "I love you" or at least what sounds like "I love you". You sleep wonderfully now! Thank you Lord!!! You sleep from 8pm-7am and sometimes later and you have a good afternoon nap that is usually 2-3 hours. You LOVE Kate and she adores you. You two are fast friends and you stick together playing around the house or outside the house. I hope you keep your bond for years to come. You have great lungs and have a good loud scream and cry when you want to but thankfully the random screaming has declined in frequency.
We had your 18 month check up with our new doctor in Little Rock. She was so nice. You weren't fond of the pokes and prods but quickly forgave and even waved the nurse that gave you the shots when we left. Your stats at 18 months were 28 lbs (75th percentile), 34 1/4" (95th percentile), and head circumference is 19 5/8" (95th percentile). She was very pleased at your growth.
We could not love you more and know our family wouldn't be complete without you.
And for grins here's Kate at 18 months. I wish I could bottle up this age!
No comments:
Post a Comment