Dear Benjamin,
Today you turn one and what a handsome one year old you have become! You have been a cutie from the beginning though. From the moment I had you in my arms and you turned your face to mine I knew you would fit just fine in this family. You are my laid back little man. I say that now...but in just the last few days you have started to show your independence and opinions. You are very clear when you are unhappy with something and usually it has to do with me taking something away you want. But overall you have the happiest smile and you are a cuddle bug. You give hugs so readily. When Kate is sad you are the first to crawl to her and try (sometimes she lets you) give her a hug and pat her on the back or head. You love us but you are protective of Kate, as she is to you. She watches over you and has mother instincts in spades already. She's gentle enough with you but y'all also love to rough house. You've just learned to kiss...makes my heart so full when you lean in to ask for one.
You communicate really well for a one year old. We feel like you have clearly said "Hey Dada!" and "Et" is Kate in your language. As for your name, Kate went from calling you Baby, to Benjaba, to Benjama, to finally Benjamin. You can say Mama, Dada and you wave good bye and hello. Sometimes I think you say "night night".
Speaking of night night...you are sleeping better however the last couple of days have me wondering if you're in a growth spurt. You have been going down at 7:00-7:30pm and waking up at 4am to feed then going back down until 5am usually...6am if we're lucky. We're trying to push your bedtime back in hopes of getting you to sleep later but I'm realistically pessimistic about this. You take one good afternoon nap and sometimes a morning nap. You and Kate both go down around 1pm.
You are an EXCELLENT eater. You will eat 5 chicken nuggets in one sitting, applesauce, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, grilled cheese, meatballs, macaroni and cheese, string cheese and french toast....oh and you gobbled down my Cheesy, Creamy, Chicken Casserole the other night. Bananas are NOT your cup of tea. You started milk today and were so excited because we had kept it from you and you always wanted Kate's. I'm not sure what you thought of it but you have kept trying and I'm hoping you like it. I am still nursing you about 4 times a day but trying to cut that down. You went a 9 hour stretch this morning between feedings!
You aren't quite walking but have taken a few cautious steps. You crawl so fast and cruise on anything. You can hold one of our hands and walk like a big boy so I know it's just a matter of time before you figure out you can do it on your own. You love to climb. I have found you standing on the ottoman and you have heard my stern voice when you have ventured to do this. You are learning who's boss. :) However, you don't respond with quite the repentence that Kate did. It takes a little more of a stern voice or a pop on the bottom. But you're learning and it is a process.
You are such a joy and bring a smile to so many people. Your hugs and kisses melt my heart and your presence in our family is as good as it gets. We love you Benjamin Brown Ross!!! Can't wait to see what this year holds.
No comments:
Post a Comment