Thursday, October 6, 2011

We're going HOME!!!

After MUCH prayer, contemplating, and weighing the options we have officially accepted the position at CARTI in Little Rock, AR. I laugh because if that's where God wants us until our dying days I will have been born there and will die there as well.  HA!  We had a lot of things to consider and to be honest, didn't even think Little Rock would be an option when we started this process.  So when the possibility came up we held it lightly because we knew we would get emotionally invested quickly. So the interview came and went.  Questions were answered and we both started feeling like the Lord was pulling us back to Little Rock.  I can't pinpoint what exactly convinced me particularly, but I do remember a turning point where I just knew that's where we were supposed to be.  We are so excited about what is to come but we don't want to focus too much on our "Southern" future and forego many memories yet to be made in this last year in Connecticut.

I really can't believe that this post announcement has finally come.  After watching my husband, then boyfriend, graduate from high school, then college, then get married during med school, worked him through three years of med school, then moved to Birmingham, AL for his intern year, and lastly moved to Connecticut for four years of residency at Yale.  This journey has been long and at times hard, but in the end it comes down to this.  We're excited to see what God wants to do with our family in Arkansas and what our life will look like.  Praying that we will ultimately bring Him glory.  We are excited for the blessing of being close to family and old friends.  Can't wait to call those Hogs again in the great state of Arkansas.

No comments: