Tuesday, August 16, 2011

No pictures necessary…

Well, I hesitate to even write this blog but I’m going to go ahead and document.  Kate just may be a potty trained little girl!!!  Over the last week I decided to just start putting big girl underwear on Kate while we were at the house and pull-ups while we were out.  We didn’t strictly stay at home but just took it slow because when I started this about 6 weeks ago Kate freaked out one day after having a few decent days.  So this time I thought we’d just take it slow. 

Of course, at the end of the week Chris was out of town so it was all on me…that was HARD!  Thursday and Friday were really rough.  On Friday night I let her go to dinner with her big girl underwear instead of pull ups because I had heard or read that if they happen to have an accident in public sometimes that’s the trick to getting them to figure it out.  So sure enough she asked to go twice to the potty at Panera but each time no results.  Then right there in the middle of Panera while we were having dinner with a sweet friend, she had an accident.  I saw it on her face before I saw what was going on….so we quickly cleaned up and got her to the potty changed her clothes.  She didn’t freak out like I thought she would so I wasn’t sure if the public accident did any good.

Saturday morning, however, we ran to the potty and after a while of sitting she finally went in the potty!!!  She was SO PROUD!  I was thrilled and even more thrilled to see how excited she was…I knew it clicked.  That day she went several times and did not have a single accident, even had a dry pull up during her nap and that night too.  Sunday we had successes all around and no accidents either.  Yesterday we didn’t have as many successes in the potty because she was holding it until she got a pull up on.  So today we’re sticking around the house more and hopefully she’ll have a success.  I know we’re still a ways from being where I’d say we’re solidly potty trained but I we’re definitely not needing diapers which is a plus!

No comments: