We have been full adjusting to life as a family of four. To say the least it's been crazy but we wouldn't want it any other way. I have had to let go of expectations I put on myself to get laundry done, have the house cleaned and am constantly reminded it takes a village to get through these early weeks. It's been more difficult than I expected having a talkative, two year old who desperately loves her little brother but also is learning that her world has been changed and she's not the complete focus. We're all adjusting though.
Benjamin is doing great...I wish I had a third arm to take more pictures with our better camera, but alas I often just have my phone on hand. He's growing and gaining weight wonderfully. I took him in this morning for his 2 week check up and he was 10 lbs 6 ozs! On Friday we brought him in for a weight check because we had such difficulty with Kate's weight that I wanted to see where we stood with him before the weekend. He was 9 lbs 10 ozs then so that means over a 6 day period he gained 12 ozs! He's developing a nice double chin. :)
Sleep is broken up but consistent. He goes about 2.5-3 hours between feedings during the day and then 3.5-4 hours at night. Even though the sleep is broken up I'm thankful he's an all about business feeder at night. He feeds in about half an hour and then is right back to bed without any fuss. So far he's pretty predictable and when he cries it's either because he's hungry or needs to be changed. One challenge for this Momma has been figuring out how to change his diaper without being sprinkled. I have had the not so pleasant surprise of seeing a steady stream coming out of no where. :) I'm learning to be quick with the diaper change.
Kate recently got a baby doll that "takes a bottle" and she has loved being Momma. However, once I had Benjamin down for a nap yesterday she grabbed the bottle and squirmed her way into my lap and laid in my arms so she could be the baby. I have to remember that although she is a "big girl" she's still very young and needs and wants that one on one time. I miss that one on one time! So I try to take advantage of those rare moments that it's just her and I again. :)
Although life is a bit hectic we are enjoying every minute. I'm adjusting to the new normal of being home more often and not out and about. I am finding myself wishing for warmer days when we can venture to the park (that is still covered in snow) and enjoy the sun. Winter won't last forever...
1 comment:
http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/pee-pee-teepees
Sarah! You need these!!!!
Post a Comment