Sunday, February 13, 2011

Introducing...

Benjamin Brown Ross
Born February 7, 2011 at 8:12am
9 lbs 4 ozs
20.5" length
14" head

We are proud to introduce the newest member of the Ross family.  He has stolen our hearts and brought such joy in the past week.  When we walked in the hospital I had no idea what this little man would look like but when I saw his face it seemed like we had known him all along.  

The C-section went great, had a little trouble getting the spinal in but it worked great once it got in.  The surgery went well and before long we saw our son.  In recovery I was able to hold him and start nursing right away.  Once my legs were able to move we were moved to our room.  

Nursing has gone really well, which was my biggest stress with Kate.  My milk came in quickly and Benjamin did lose 8% of his birth weight but by 5 days out had gained and is just 3 ounces shy of his birth weight...so we're right on track!  Hopefully nursing continues to go well.  He's sleeping great, he feeds a lot between 7-10pm but sleeps until 1am and then again around 5-6am and then wakes for the day around 8:30am.  Of course this will probably change daily but so far it's been nice to get as much sleep as we have!  

Kate is doing great with her new little brother.  She's had moments of jealousy but is handling it really well.  When I changed his diaper and she heard him crying she tried to move my arm away, thinking I was hurting him....so protective.  She also was concerned when she heard him crying when we getting him in the carseat and she offered him her most priced possession, her bear.  :)  That's true love.  We have been so blessed to have DotDot here taking care of Kate so Chris was able to be at the hospital as much as possible.  

Enough talk...here are pictures in the first hours with our little Benjamin.  




























2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your family of four! He's a cutey and I'm so glad things are going so well! Love seeing the pics :)

Brooke said...

So wonderful! Thank you for sharing the pictures of your beautiful family.