Thursday, August 12, 2010


Kate you are 21 months old today and it’s hard to believe you’re growing up so fast! Sometimes it’s hard for a Mom to see the actual growing process in a child but today I saw how much you have matured and learned. We had music class that we have missed this summer and you jumped right back in, but I could tell you followed directions SO well, did hand motions with each song, and just showed that she was growing up in so many ways. You are saying more and more words. You will tell us all kinds of stories in your own language and I know you’re saying something VERY important but I just wish I knew what it was! There are several things you LOVE right now…

· S Sitting in Momma’s lap and cuddling, giving hugs, and kisses.

· S Saying “Bye” in the MOST Southern accent and waving and blowing kisses

· DDrinking milk, you LOVE this stuff!

· YYou have several favorite toys but you are still very much attached to your bears…it used to be just one but somehow we’ve added another to your collection and heaven forbid we forget one!

· YYou are very sensitive, you care for your friends, and you actually share pretty well. Just today you noticed your friend, London’s, bear was on the ground and you tried handing it to her but she didn’t seem interested so you found her Mommy and gave it to her. Sometimes you’re so sensitive you get easily offended when I have to reprimand you, you don’t like you’re Momma to have to say, “No, ma’am” in my stern voice. You will fall apart and hug me until I can reassure you that I love you. :)

· YYou love to run into your Daddy’s arms when he comes home, give him kisses and hugs.

· YYou wake up around 8am, take a nap around 12:30pm, then wake up around 3pm and go to bed around 8pm. You are a routine-kind-of-girl. In fact, at nap time I just have to say, “Is it time for night, night?” and you go running to the stairs and say “night, night” over and over.

· Y LOVE to dance and clap.

· Y Would be outside every minute of the day if I let you

· Y Eat really well, veggies are not a favorite but you have your staples: grilled cheese, bananas, strawberries, peaches, oranges, grapes, hot dogs, mac n’ cheese, pb & honey, and you’re like your Momma in your love of crescent rolls. J

It’s hard to believe you’re 21 months Kate, just 3 months shy of being 2! OH MY! You bring SO much joy to our lives and we can’t wait to watch you grow to be a big sister. We love you Katherine Bailey Ross!!!

2 comments:

Tara & Johhny said...

they are on almost the same routine...except jack definately does not go running for his room...he would stay up all night if we would let him! kate is adorable!!

Aunt B. said...

Sarah -- your "stern" voice?