Kate and I flew down to Arkansas last Sunday to spend some time with family before Chris followed us down for his class reunion. We had a great time although our "plans" were changed a bit when we found out my grandmother was in the hospital. We really wanted to see her so Andrew, my Mom, Kate and I left early Monday morning and drove to South Arkansas. My Mammaw is one spunky lady because she may get to some low points physically but always manages to rise again! It did my heart good to see her and have a chance for her to visit with Kate for an extended period of time.
The rest of the week was filled with seeing friends and family. My brother, Andrew, and his fiancee, Carrie had an engagement party...so fun! Chris and I went out Friday and Saturday night with friends and our parents took alternate nights keeping Kate for us. We really appreciated the free babysitting! We're just now getting settled back into our routine...Kate's really a trooper though. She was great through the flights and the 10 hour roundtrip down to see her Great Grandmother. Even though we were away from Chris for just a few days I think she missed him and was thrilled to see him at the airport. On a fun Daddy note...Kate said Dada yesterday and it made his day! She's been saying Mama pretty regularly although I'm still not totally sure she knows who she's talking about. She's babbling all the time now and crawling really fast. We're investing in some baby gates pronto. I can't believe she's just 3 short months away from being 1!
No comments:
Post a Comment