Chris and I celebrated 10 years together on Valentine's Day this weekend. We had a party to go to Saturday night that was so fun and gave us a chance to show Kate off.
Chris and I met through church and school. I knew of him through some friends. I had happened to tell those friends that I thought he was cute. So they decided to put the idea into his head to ask me to the upcoming dance. He was a senior and I was junior so I felt very special that a "Senior" had asked me to the dance....not to mention he was pretty cute too! I just remember that night at the dance he held my hand and I knew this was different. I don't think I really knew that this would be the man I would spend the rest of my life with and be the father of my children, but I knew he was so special. We dated for 5 years, it's funny going back through pictures of those years because we've changed so much since then. In 2004 I married my prince charming, I can only hope and pray that Kate meets such a man. Through the last 5 years of marriage we've experienced so many memories...med school, vacations, jobs, intern year, our first child, moving, new towns and new friends. I really enjoy thinking back to those early days just thinking if I knew what I know now! I am so blessed! I can't wait to enjoy more and more decades with my high school sweetheart. 


6 comments:
that made me tear up for some reason :)
Awe! Kate is getting so big! I'm glad ya'll had a nice Valentines! Eric and I will have been together for 11 years this summer. It's crazy thinking about how long that really is!! :O)
oh, my little Kate. You're are so grown up!!! Quit growing so fast. I can't wait to see you. Love, Nana
Congrats Chris and Sarah on 10 years together! Kate is just beautiful!
Hey there! Ya'll look great! Kate is just precious, congrats!!
Emily
Kate has gotten so big! And her outfits are adorable! The debate is ongoing if Jackson looks more like me or Daniel, but thanks! I think he looks me in the eyes for sure, he might be a mixture! And yes, his arms and legs both are really long!!
Post a Comment