Wednesday, December 8, 2010

30 Weeks and counting

30 Weeks

Well this week I'm 30 weeks pregnant and really starting to feel it...well actually I've been feeling it for a while now but it's starting to become more real that our little family is about to grow. I'm in the stage where I feel good until the evening when I just want to lie on the couch and sleep. My tummy's growing and so it this little boy inside me. He's quite the kicker too...makes me jump. I think he moves more than Kate did. He's my "sweet boy" because I've had a very strong sweet tooth while being pregnant with him. Early on I remember being on this huge baking kick and baked a meringue pie every other day! So far my ankles haven't swelled, but on the other hand my heartburn has been 10 x's worse than with Kate. I'm curious to see if the old wives' tale is true...will he have a full head of hair giving me explanation to all this heartburn? Oh but I love him even with all the aches and pains that I have and that are to come. He's etching his way into my heart each day I carry this little man. Yesterday he and I took our first Mom/Son trip to the Big Apple...I sat on that Metro-North train and just prayed. Prayed for his salvation, for his friendships, for his development, for his leadership, for his future wife, and for his future children.

This Christmas carrying our son has brought to life a stronger emotional connection to what Mary must have felt as she watched her belly grow carrying her Savior...the world's Savior. I'm also wondering as I watch Kate learn and pick up new words and develop from baby to little girl...what was Jesus like as a toddler? Did His Momma wish she could keep Him little forever? Did she wake up in the middle of the night to comfort Him from bad dreams? Did she wonder what He would be like as an adult? So many questions...


No comments: