
Chris was trying not to show his nerves. I was trying not to get too emotional. While I waited in the dressing room to meet my groom, my precious Dad sat in the small chairs in the nursery with me and tried to tell me jokes to keep me from crying. I wasn't sad, but felt like I was watching something end and begin at the same time.
My Dad walked me down the aisle and I remember seeing Chris standing there just smiling. I finally relaxed. The reception was mostly a blur, but pictures always help. We drove away with a peace knowing we were in God's will and excitement for what was ahead.
We had no idea what four years would bring...lots of studying our first year of marriage with Chris in med school and working hard, prayer and concern for my brother in Iraq, finding out God wanted us to move twice in a year, once to Birmingham and then New Haven, CT, having a Dad go through chemo for colon cancer, and finding out we are expecting a new addition to our Ross Family in November. God is good through it all.
Neither of us knew 9 years ago when we went to a high school dance together that we would walk through life together. I am so thankful and honored to be married to my best friend. On top of that to have him be the father of my children. I love you Chris Ross!

3 comments:
Aww.... almost made me cry! It's so amazing to think back to high school when you started dating and to see all that you've been through together since. I'm so excited to keep getting updates, especially as you get further along with the baby!! We missed getting to see you guys last week. Go figure that when you make it to town for a visit, we'd be out of town.
--
Katie
ahhhh. I remember that beautiful day. You guys are so cute. Congratulations on your pregnancy. That's so exciting. My email: mlivers@gmail.com
Happy Anniversary! Those are sweet pictures!
Post a Comment